For people who are suffering from drug addiction, the best thing they can do for themselves is to find professional help but this first step alone can be terrifying. There is no guarantee that you will pick out the California top rehab for you unless you try it out and see for yourself. There are important questions though that you can use as a guide before finally deciding on a rehab facility.
- Ask about your insurance provider and if they will cover the costs of your treatment. Majority of rehab facilities are honoring the insurance coverage of the patients but there are exceptions. Make sure to clarify the coverage of your plan because it might only be able to cover a percentage of it. Before enrolling, ask if they have alternative payment options to help you pay for your treatment fees.
- Ask about the location of the rehab facility you have chosen because it will have an impact on the costs. For facilities located within metropolitan cities or with scenic views such as the ocean, patients may have to pay more compared to those located in remote locations. You will have to spend on other costs such as airfare or transportation in case the facility is not within your hometown.
- Ask about the length of the program. There are short-term and long-term rehab programs. The shortest may range between two to four weeks while long-term programs can last for six months.
- Ask about the amenities provided in the facility. If you are enrolling in a luxury rehab center, expect to receive high quality services such as gourmet meals prepared by a chef, fitness center or massage therapists. For those who can’t afford to get into luxury facilities, it is important to choose based on how comfortable you are because you will be staying there a while.
- Ask about the availability of detox facilities. This is included in California top rehab but not in all rehab facilities. This is important so you know you will be easily treated once you relapse back to your addiction.