The time has come when you are ready to purchase your first bike but you realize you don’t know where to start. You realize that you have a lot to take into consideration when choosing from brands such as Kawasaki bikes to specifications and features. Here are the things you should keep in mind:
- Proper gears are required when riding. Before you immerse yourself in choosing a bike, you should purchase your safety gears including boots, helmet, gloves and jacket. It is recommended to purchase the ones that have a certification. Make sure to wear the safety gear when you ride your bike because motorcycle riding is known to be dangerous and there are always risks. Do not be surprise if your safety gears are worth at least 10 per cent of your bike’s total price. You should not skimp on safety.
- Select bikes that are ideal for you as a beginner. Don’t overestimate yourself and buy something you know only a professional can handle. Remember that you will be riding a sports bike and if you can’t handle the specs then you will end up hurting yourself.
- Do not rely on luck alone. You might reason out that someone you know, who is also a beginner, is using a bike that is 600 cc and above yet they did not injured or harmed themselves. This does not mean that the same thing will happen to you because risks are always present. Even if you fail to crash at your first ride, there is a big possibility that you might not be able to handle the thing and feel worst at it instead of learning how to be skilled in the field.
- Stay away from bikes with 3 to 4 cylinders especially if you are a beginner because it creates high power and torque which means you cannot make any mistake while riding or else you will not be able to control it. It is recommended to pick bikes with twin cylinders because of its linear response.
- If you don’t have the luxury to buy a brand new bike, there are second hand Kawasaki bikes you can purchase and sell off if you can afford a new one. A second hand bike is also good for a beginner because dropping and scratching it is a big possibility.