Many bloggers have become successful in the online world; meanwhile, there are also bloggers who never made it in spite of their talents. Fortunately, successful bloggers have shared several tips on how to avoid blogging mistakes that are too common among beginners.
- Blogs are not term papers that should be seriously written. Your target audience can relate more to your blog if you try to converse with them while providing relevant information. When you talk to your audience, they get the feeling that you are a real person. Make sure that your blog is not boring so that it can encourage more readers.
- Readers are not always interested on your experiences not unless you are a well-known celebrity. People are more interested on information that you can teach them. While you cannot always avoid infusing parts of your personality, make sure people are comfortable reading your blog.
- Plagiarism means stealing other people’s content. Readers particularly those who are active in searching for online content can easily determine if your blog was copied from someone else’s. If you are working on a company blog, make sure it is unique because it can be rather difficult to get away with copy-paste. If you have to include informative content from other writers, make sure to cite your source.
- Always make sure to edit your blog to avoid wrong spelling and grammatical errors. Even the more experienced bloggers take time to edit their blogs because they owe it to their readers.
- When you are a beginner, the blog will not always be perfect but you can certainly make it better. If you add images to your blog, you will be able to attract more online attention. Do not be overly obsessed with perfection because it is not the end of the world if you make those little mistakes from time to time.
Similar to blogging, Illustrated Maps are created with the goal to catch audience attention. Illustrated Maps are made with creativity to be visually appealing but it also helps people understand directions better and quicker. People can easily relate to these maps that portray a certain place when viewed from the top.